Full degree students
- graduates of Environmental Engineering,
- graduates of Civil Engineering,
- graduates of Building and Architecture
who wish to study in English and plan their future career in specialized companies or design studios on the European market. This specialization lasts for 3 semesters (starts in mid-February 2016), 30 ECTS each and complies with the European standards.
What You will learn?
The Sustainable Building students have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with: the contemporary construction methods and materials, solar energy in buildings, building physics, evaluation of building impact on the natural environment, efficient energy economy in buildings including energy-saving heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems that ensure adequate indoor air quality.
The specialization is catered for the needs of the market and current trends of combining environmental protection with technical development. Moreover, the reduction of energy consumption is one of the key elements of sustainable development principle, which involves economic exploitation of energy resources, as well as environment and climate protection. The main objective of sustainable civil engineering is to reduce the negative impact of buildings on the natural environment and human health; rational use of energy, water and other resources; decreasing the amount of pollution, waste and the level of natural environment degradation.
Sustainable Building graduate’s profile
This specialization educates highly-qualified specialists, familiar with European Union Directives pertaining to natural environment and climate protection, as well as energy performance of buildings, who:
- possess broad knowledge and skills to solve unusual or complex project, technical and technological problems in residential and public buildings with reduced energy consumption;
- are able to implement the interdisciplinary sustainable development principles in civil engineering;
- are the internationally qualified engineers dealing with integrated building design;
- are ready to employ solutions aiming at the reduction of energy consumption, increase the energy efficiency and utilize the energy from renewable sources;
- use innovative construction materials including the finishing materials that comply with the environmental and clean technologies criteria;
- they know the principles of setting eco-project standards for the energy-related products;
- they are able to perform environmental analyses and life cycle assessment (LCA) of energy systems based on either renewable or non-renewable energy sources.
What You can do after?
The graduates enter the European market and find jobs in the branch of civil engineering, both in designing and execution. Enrolling on the international studies in Poland is a unique chance to link cultural, social and educational experiences of students from all around the world.